Home > Developing Using CodeFluent Entities > Breaking Change: Enabling non-Latin character support

Breaking Change: Enabling non-Latin character support


A few months ago we added support for non-Latin characters in models. Though nice at first, we noticed that it slowed down method inference noticeably as we had to load non-Latin character sets to parse CFQL when a majority of our users were using Latin characters indeed.

This is why starting with build 646 and upper, we disabled non-Latin character support in CFQL. Nonetheless, you’ll be glad to know that this is configurable, so if you do want to use Cyrillic in your CFQL queries you’ll have to enable it explicitly, and here’s how to do it!

 

Enabling support is done through an appSetting in the configuration file. Here’s a sample CodeFluent.Build.exe.config configuration file which you can place next to CodeFluent.Build.exe (e.g. “%ProgramFiles(x86)%\SoftFluent\CodeFluent\Modeler”):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
<configuration> 
    <appSettings> 
    <add key="CfqlAllowsNonLatinCharacters" value="true" /> 
  </appSettings> 
</configuration> 

Please note that you’ll also need to set that appSetting in the devenv.exe.config configuration file to be able to use non-Latin characters in CFQL queries at design time as well.

 

Cheers,

Carl Anderson

  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s