CodeFluent Entities: Added SQL Server 2012 support!
Microsoft recently released to manufacturers its latest version of Microsoft SQL Server (Microsoft SQL Server 2012) and good news for our users: CodeFluent Entities supports SQL Server 2012!
No changes to your projects are needed:
- just generate over again your persistence layer (this time pointing on your brand new SQL Server 2012 server!),
- update your application so it uses the new persistence layer,
- Taaadaaaa, you’ve just migrated your app to SQL Server 2012, cool right?!!
Note: Did you know SQL Server Management Studio 2012 is now in a Visual Studio 2010 Shell?!!
Prerequisites to do this are as usual:
- CodeFluent Entities (build 60314.646 or upper)
- If SQL-DMO wasn’t installed on the server, you can download it from here (only the “Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Components” is needed): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=C6C3E9EF-BA29-4A43-8D69-A2BED18FE73C&displaylang=en