CodeFluent Entities: Import MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
Starting with CodeFluent Entities 60529.661 available here, you can import MySQL and PostgreSQL databases into CodeFluent Entities models
Several ways to import your project:
- Option #1: From the Solution Explorer, right-click on your project and click “Import An Existing Database or Model…”,
- Option #2: From the Server Explorer, drag and drop tables from your database onto your surface,
- Option #3: This is brand new with the latest build (661 and upper), from the Visual Studio toolbar, open the “CodeFluent Entities” menu and click on “Import An Existing Database or Model…”
Whichever option you choose, the same wizard will open and it now contains two new importers: MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- CodeFluent Entities (build 60529.661 or upper),
- MySQL or PostgreSQL .NET Data Provider depending on which database you want to import.
In both cases you’ll need the appropriate .NET provider to be accessible by CodeFluent Entities so it can connect and import the database to your model. To do so place the MySQL.Data.dll for MySQL or Npgsql.dll for PostgreSQL in CodeFluent Entities’ installation directory (%ProgramFiles(x86)%\SoftFluent\CodeFluent\Modeler).